Thursday, June 28, 2012

Babywearing: Making a Wrap

Have any of you ever tried babywearing? I personally enjoy it because it creates a special bond with my baby and calms her down. When I started babywearing I had a 1 1/2 year old with separation anxiety, I was pleasantly surprised that after a few week of wearing her on my back we no longer had that problem!

In this photo I am wearing Beth (my 5 week old) in the cradle cross carry hold with a wrap I made myself. Very easy to do by the way.

To make your own wrap you will need a few supplies:
5 yards of fabric (I would recommend something breathable like cotton gauze)
Sewing machine that does a zig zag stitch
Coordinating thread

First, fold the 5 yards in half making the 44in wide fabric 22in
Next, cut the fabric creating two 22 in x 5 yard pieces
Then, zig zag stitch all the way around both pieces to stop fraying (I used the tightest zig zag stitch I had to get the best look)
Last, use one wrap and give one to a friend to try!

There are many ways to wrap a baby/toddler. Here is my favorite website for learning how to wrap: http://wearyourbaby.com/

Last summer wearing my toddler in the back cross carry hold.

Have a great day!

~Kym

Verse for Today: Psalm 27:14


No comments:

Post a Comment