Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New babies and cloth diapers

Sorry about my posts becoming less frequent. I currently am getting ready for my new baby who is due to arrive any day! Because of this I thought I would do a short post about what I am getting to cloth diaper her and what my thoughts are on cloth diapering from the start.

I currently am planning on doing part time cloth diapering with my newborn simply for my sanity sake. :-)  The plan is for the first few weeks to cloth diaper during the day and to use the paper diapers I have been given at night so that if and when I am crazy tired I wont be fumbling with cloth. My idea is since I am  having my two year old and the newborn at home with me all the time I wont be too tired to keep my two year old busy and happy, my newborn peaceful, and me calm. The cloth diapering I will be doing will consist of several types of diapers to better decide what works for me and my newborn. I will start by using prefolds and the Thirsties Duo Wrap in size one, the reason I have chosen this particular diaper cover is because of the size. Thirsties Duo Wrap supposedly fits babies from about 6lbs to about 18lbs and I want a cover that will work longer than just a few weeks. I am also working on ordering ALVA Baby diapers in the 4.0 style or it is also called the Color Snap, the reason I chose this particular style of ALVA Baby is because it is a pocket diaper with double gussets and with an extra small snap setting. I do not know about the quality because I have never used ALVA Baby before, but I will do a review on them once I get them and understand more about the diapers. :-) Pocket diapers are something I have not really looked into doing full time before simply because of how expensive they are and the fact that the ones I have I (personally) find hard to clean by dunking in the toilet. But, I found the ALVA pocket diapers made in Hong Kong for about $7 a diaper and I recently bought a diaper sprayer attachment for my toilet so pocket diapers should not be as difficult for me now. So to start my pocket diaper stash I am going to get some of those. :-)

Well I think this about wraps up my thoughts and what I am going to try to use with my newborn. I do hope to keep up the blog in the next few weeks, but it might not be exactly all I hope to post because of the new baby. :-D You all be blessed until the next post!

~ Kym

Todays Bible verse: Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment